Class Registration Tutorial
What to know about registration
- Students are required to take three courses to be considered a "full-time student."
- Classes can fill up quickly. Students are encouraged to register early to ensure a seat.
- Some classes are not offered every semester. All classes are offered at minimum once a year.
- Special topics courses, MBA co-ops, internships, and study abroad courses may be used to substitute for any one concentration course in all areas of study except for Healthcare Administration. Accounting students are encouraged to study the effects of substitution with CPA eligibility. Students may only substitute one concentration courseÂ during the duration of the program.
- Graduate students do not have to be "unlocked by an adviser" in order to register.
- Please fully review the following registration process at minimum 24 hours prior to registering.
How to register for classes
- Review your concentration's curriculum card
Accounting Accounting 4+1 Finance Strategic Management General Management Health Care Administration Human Resources Strategic Marketing Management International Management
- Review the upcoming semester's course offerings by clicking on "course schedule," which is located underneath the "academics" tab on the top of the screen.
- Select courses that fulfill the requirements listed on the curriculum card.
- To register for the courses you select, start by logging onto MyNU. If you are unsure of your user name/ password, login instructions can be found by clicking here. If prompted (not all students will be), complete the "FERPA Release Form."
- Once logged on, click on the "registration/ advisement" tab located on the top of the screen.
- Underneath "Registration Info," located on the far left of the screen, click on "Edit My Profile."
- Update your profile. Note: it is advised that you update your profile at least one day prior to registering, as it may take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect. You will not be able to register until the update is complete.
- After waiting 24 hours, go back to the "registration/advisement" tab in MyNU.
- Click on "log in," which is located towards the top of the screenÂ by the heading "Niagara University."
- Log in by using your MyNU user name and password.
- Click on the link titled "students," then select "register for classes," which is located toward the bottom of the screen. Click on the link that describes the registration action you would like to perform: "Express registration" is the most common and fastest option.
- Enter classes as outlined in step three and then click "submit" Once you hit submit, your classes will be added to your Preferred Sections list. Please note that at this point, you have not yet completed the registration process.
- ÂA new menu should appear after the creation of the "Preferred Sections list." In the middle of the menu, click on the drop down menu for the field titled "Action for ALL Pref. Sections (or choose below)." In the drop down menu select "RG Register." If you have a hold on your account (ex. Health services, student accounts, etc.) a message will appear and you will not be able to register. The hold must be addressed and cleared with the appropriate university office before you will be able to register.
- At the bottom of the page, click on "My Schedule," then select the appropriate semester and submit. Your schedule for that semester will appear. Â Print your schedule. You should always print your schedule upon completion of the registration process. This serves as your verification.
- For security reasons, log completely out of the MyNU site when finished.