Nearly 20% of the GDP in the United States is accounted for by the healthcare sector of the economy. Healthcare administrators are necessary for the successful management of medical organizations such as hospitals and adult homes as well as the development of policy in the industry.
Interested in Healthcare Administration?
- This MBA provides you with a rigorous and in-depth understanding of managerial science with practical and strategic applications in the healthcare industry.
- Learn from experts in the area and lead the transformation of healthcare in our communities.
- Gain hands-on experience with our internship MBA Co-op in healthcare organizations or travel to Jamaica and other countries to work with healthcare professionals in the field.
- Be the catalyst of change in the healthcare industry.
Prerequisite Courses - 18 Credit Hours
- ACC 505: Financial and Management Accounting
- MGT 515: Analysis of Quantitative Data
- MGT 560: Law and Business Ethics
- ECO 525: Economics for Managers
- MGT 565: Communications for Executives
- MGT 570: Management Principles
Core Courses - 18 Credit Hours
- ACC 601: Strategic Accounting Analysis and Planning
- MGT 611: Advanced Quantitative Methods
- MKG 631: Strategic Marketing
- FIN 641: Corporate Financial Policy I
- MGT 670: People In Organizations
Restricted Elective - 3 Credit Hours (Choose One)
Concentration Courses - 9 Credit Hours
- MPH 663 Management and Policy in Healthcare Organizations
- MPH 664 Financial and Managerial Accounting in Healthcare Organizations
- MPH 668 Strategic Management in Healthcare Organizations